Security and Privacy
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our host's servers and in our own data-base in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption (SSL), we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
When you visit any of Kingsley Companies, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone, email, company name and other similar information.
- Financial information - the bank account numbers and credit card numbers that you link to your Kingsley account.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
When you access our website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on your computer. We send a "session cookie" to your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don't need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect. We also use longer-lasting cookies to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form, so that you don't need to retype the e-mail address each time you log in to your account.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request.
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement and Terms and Conditions.
- Customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website.
- Send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations; (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Credit bureaus to report outstanding negative balance accounts, as allowed by law.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Kingsley Companies will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How you can restrict Kingsley Companies from sharing your personal information
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from data sharing. So be confident we are hear to protect your privacy.
You can also control how we use your contact information to market our services to you in the notifications preferences.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can review your personal information and make any necessary changes, at any time by logging in to your account and changing your preferences in the Profile page of the "My Account" tab.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by using this form or writing to us at Kingsley Companies, Attn: Web Development, 5525 E. Gibralter, Ontario, CA 91764